Serene
Chinese MP3
Rotten Tomatoes (Film reviews)
Hong Jun
if the people we love are stolen from us
Like a merry-go-round
the way to have them live on
is to never stop loving them.
buildings burn, people die...
but real love is forever.
'The Crow'
which goes round and round
I'll see you again in Spring*
heheh... wat my friend wrote... such a nice camp....
Genus Camp 2004
Date: 20/12/2004
Time: 9.52pm
Finally back from my 5 day genus guitar camp. Man! This was quite a camp! Unlike any other I have been b4! But I was sort of arrow to under take the task of organizing the Christmas party by our nice VP Wenyuan & well, it makes my stay abit stressful. Plus my small gp with lao da Jingting and the rest playing the Reason…we having auditions. During the stay I simply have no time to touch up on my ensemble pieces and well…dun really think I improve that much on that.
The first night me & Jai went about starting arranging our Christmas caroling songs. It went off not bad and we finished deciding the lyrics and the parts to play. Jai also jio in Yong Kiat as the 2nd accompaniment. The 2nd day also went pass smoothly with some sectionals and ensemble practices. But was rather disappointed to be shoo off to the back seat replaced our deputy SL da jie weelian. Well, maybe cos I like talking to Zhao jin my dear dear SL who laugh so loudly everytime I kena sabo. Talking about sabo that was man….first day kena what dance with an egg btw my knees and 2nd day eating the DISGUSTING banana balls! Wat did I do to attract tis unnecessary attention? Well, at least genus pple enjoy seeing my plight L Haha…I ll nvr forget xiong dan’s one…hahahha O B Good O B Good!! Tats the ultimate n not forgetting our SONGYI the red nose president! Lol
And everynight I was busy with the caroling and small gp. So grateful of marie and dear jinxi sacrificing their time to help out. Well, maybe not exactly sacrificing ba…cos like they were really enjoying creating a racket. Haa…but it was so fun having them around. Helps reduce stress level.
For the small gp I cant really say the same…problems kept coming out. I have to change fr bass to alto part just 1 day b4 the performance cos dominic told me to. And yenan kept making the same mistake over and over and over again. It was v v demoralizing for me. Lucky got da jie weelian’s friendly laughter and our O B good xiong dan lift up the spirits abit. But the bad playing and coordination kept dampening me. Guess wenyuan saw my mood and he & songyi told me 1 night to relax and enjoy my stay and told me to ask the seniors for advices. Was really grateful to him as he really helped me a lot esp in the organizing of Christmas party.
For the Christmas party, I was starting to feel a total disaster even b4 the camp. Cos like everytime I tried to gather everyone for online discussion only 1 or 2 turn out & when I planned to meet earlier b4 practice only marie and pris turn up….but they all provided me some pretty creative suggestions though. Eng hooi Christmas tree game & slide show and pris water melon juice game. It was also tough for me as I dun think I been leader in anything b4 in e past. I was also piss sometimes when I need their help & they can complain here & there like I was ruining their day…maybe it was my bad leadership…L was rather upset abt tis. Also our dear marie kept like buzzing and rushing me with e planning, well, it was a bit irritating as Im already trying hard to spread out my time with my small gp & caroling with e free time at night. No hard feelings marie, cos aside from tat, I tink shes e saver for tis party & my motivator. e only 1 who take e initiative to help me out. Esp with e wonderful slide-show she & Emily prepared. Tat really made a great ending.
E party started with some minor mistakes but e Christmas tree game pulled off quite well. Lao da jingting helped me out also. Haa…shenjun was really sporting when he sung e jingle bells so loudly and flung himself on red nosed songyi and Adrian Moe. & hes a really gd looking tree! E other 2 just look like an some weird elf and a greenish santa claus. E water melon game was also fun although it was messier than I tot. thnx to pris & her bf helping out & eng hooi too. Next up was angel mortal which well…rather drag.. & e caroling…haa…was fun!! Miss triangle girl dear jinxi played her 3 dings on time. Haa..miracle…lol. Too bad she refuse to conduct. Thinks she really got talent on that. Pity pity…but e coordination among the juniors was abit er…haa…
E Chinese pop song singing after xmas party was also really nice! So many old songs revived! Wa….
Tis camp was truly marvelous. My relationship wif genus and its members r now closer I feel. Got to noe great frienz like marie, songyi, jai, yong kiat, jinxi and wenyuan better (plus mani more).
End note. Dun think will quit Genus. J
Special thnx to a wonderful camp:
Mr Jai
Dear tri-an-girl Jinxi
Dear Marie
Mr red nose Songyi (my roommate) (sorry lose ur shampoo)
Mr cool Wenyuan ( thnx for free supper)
Dearest SL Zhaojin (for being so patient with us)
Xiao fat fat Leo (er...thnx for sabo?)
Chinese pop singing group
Mr Dominic Wan (for all those interesting analogies!)
Camp will be a 100% less fun without u all.
and life still goes on...
Jin Xi posted at 1:59 am
0 comment |
Post a Comment